Monday, April 5, 2010

Thursdays Art Camp



So first we send messages back and forth on Farm Town and Yo Ville, full of misspells, bad grammar and weird phrasing to do the messaging delays and the fact that we are both watching TV and playing online at the same time. Then a phone call....
"hi sweetie!"
"hey you!"
...we both laugh,
"Steve is out of town, want to get together and play?"     and that is how it starts. We agree to Thursday at the crack of 10:30. I will be up and dressed by then, but just only. I live a more nocturnal lifestyle than most people..it feels right for me.  I got a stack of really great stiff white cotton paper from my cousin Linda the nurse. She got them from the eye clinic she works for.The papers are folded in with the towels when they are sterilized and are discarded, so we are recycling them into art. I like to make little houses, with snow and trims at Christmas and now with chenille chicks and pastel glitter for spring.  Cindy had never made one so I walked her through the about 20 step process....it took us all day to make one each. So okay we started a little late cause I had to find stuff first "I know it's here somewhere", and we went out for lunch and a little bit of shopping.  Very little shopping because we stayed here in tiny town.  But I think they look sweet. We used my lovely Martha Stewart glitter that I bought with a 50% off coupon, and some german paper lace trim from ArtChix, found the fuzzy chicks at Safeway and the other stuff is from my awesome stash of  art supplies.  Cindy made the blue one, mine is the pink. We used to always shoot pix of our stuff and then get a shot of you with your art. But usually no makeup and the camera would focus on your nose, not the thing you just spent hours on,  so last fall when we made Halloween pumpkin coaches and shot them outside on the damp grass, we just shot our feet with them. It was very funny, so now we always shoot with hands or feet....ta dah!

No comments: